Monday, February 16

Education

The fans swish in circles speedily. The lights spread out in all directions, contesting both, a small darkness, as well as the sunshine from outside. Rows and columns of benches are bunched together, laid out in a casual but orderly fashion. Pens move in unison to immortalize pieces of information which are disguised as words of wisdom.
The Guru sits behind his large desk and demands respect, claiming tradition. Important knowledges are thrown about; none of them caught. The Guru condescendingly catches an arrogant eye looking at him and dismisses him, citing his presence as the reason behind his apparent failure. Now, the Guru contentedly hears a respectful silence. However, it is only that the discussions have turned into stealthy whispers.
There is something about this place - this room. It reminds me and makes me forget. It nourishes me and yet I am always unhealthy. Something about the cold, casual air in it - the air that I breathe in and somewhat choke on; the air that makes me drowsy.
I take cover in the shade of my classmate sitting in front of me, and go to sleep, because I do not have the courage to walk out of the room.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dave G said...

28 And Peter began to say unto him: Behold, we have left all things and have followed thee.

29 Jesus answering said: Amen I say to you, there is no man who hath left house or brethren or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel,

30 Who shall not receive an hundred times as much, now in this time: houses and brethren and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions: and in the world to come life everlasting.

31 But many that are first shall be last: and the last, first.
(Mark 10:28-31)

Sun Aug 30, 01:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home